Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Prayer for Haiti

Various pieces of fabric are accumulating on my kitchen table again...hmmm...I wonder what project I will tackle next. The days are getting longer, however the weather outside is still too cold to garden, therefore I have an urge to sew, quilt, cross stitch or create simply something! I am overwhelmed with ALL I have!

I glance at the television set and shudder. Tears roll down my cheeks. I am having to change the channel as the Haiti devastation is too depressing and sad to listen to! An occasional glimmer of hope shines through those mountains of dust and rubble whenever there is a special report about a survivor or other miracle, but it is still heart breaking!!! My heart breaks for these poor people, especially the young helpless children, now orphans in a big and scary world.

Even though it is cold outside, I still have a roof over my head and we are warm and have more than enough to eat. Those poor children are losing parents, limbs and countless numbers of lives...and now do not even have water to drink or food to nourish those little bodies...what can a single person do to help? When does the suffering stop? How can such poverty exist so close to this country of plenty?

I start counting my blessings. I don't think I will ever complain again. Seeing all that rubble is heart beaking enough. I turn off the television and say a prayer...why does all this happen dear Lord?

A PRAYER:
Lord, I just want to say THANK YOU, because this morning I woke up and knew where my children were. Because this morning my home is still standing, because this morning I am not crying because my husband, my child, my brother or sister needs to be dug out from underneath a pile of concrete, because this morning I was able to drink a glass of water, I was able to turn on the light, and take a shower, because this morning I was not planning a funeral, but most of all I thank you this morning because I still have life and a voice to cry out for the people of Haiti.

Lord I cry out to you, the one that makes the impossible, possible, the one that turns darkness in to light, I cry out that you give those mothers strength, that you give them peace that surpasses all understanding, that you may open the streets so that help can come, that you may provide doctors, nurses, food, water, and all that they need in a blink of an eye. For all those that have lost family members, give them peace, give them hope, give them courage to continue to go on! Protect the children and shield them with your power. I pray all this in the name of Jesus.

To all my blogger friends, please pray this prayer for the people in Haiti.
Amen.

No comments:

Crazy Life

Crazy Life
"Quilting is my passion...chocolate comes in a close second."

Share Some Love

Cute as a Button

Cute As A Button

I love to sew

I love to sew

Labels