Monday, January 4, 2010

My First Block for 2010 Tea and Coffee Quilt Along



I forgot to add the button before taking this picture without button. Yes, I designed this...even did the writing. It was't that easy to do everything with needle turn applique, but I really started enjoying it after my 'mystery' quilt I sewed New Year's Day was finished. I first intended a bird to be sitting on top of the gift teapot, with the bird tying the ribbon, but when I enlarged my original pattern for the teapot, I also enlarged the bow, and did not leave enough room for the bird...of course I had to rip and make new smaller bow. My husband liked the 'Christmas' bird, so I chose a dove to fly instead of sit on the package..(C:....but then there was not enough room above the teapot but I added the 'peace' writing. Now I have found a theme for my blocks as each month will have a different 'theme'...guess what the theme for February will be? January's block is a surprise...still need to be inpsired but ideas are starting. I have lots of ideas for 'summer' blocks so may do summer block next, but then who knows how many times I may change my mind.

No comments:

Crazy Life

Crazy Life
"Quilting is my passion...chocolate comes in a close second."

Share Some Love

Cute as a Button

Cute As A Button

I love to sew

I love to sew

Labels