Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Legend Of The First Robin


I am pleased to have completed Part One of the "The First Robin Of Spring Mystery" Stitch Along except for the bud and backstitching. I was hesitant to proceed further than Part One however when Pam posted Part Two March 8th, I just had to stitch along. The weather is too cold outside and it will be something to stitch watching curling.
I thought I would insert the following story re significant meaning of the robin to me.
"The Legend Of The First Robin"
One day, long ago, a little bird in Jerusalem saw a large crowd gathered around a Man carrying a heavy wooden cross.

On the Man's head was a crown made from a thorn branch.
The thorns were long and sharp.

The little bird saw that the thorns were hurting the Man.

It wanted to help Him, so it flew down and took the longest, sharpest thorn in its tiny beak.

The bird tugged and pulled until the thorn snapped from the branch. Then a strange thing happened.

A drop of blood fell onto the bird's breast, staining it bright red.

The stain never went away.

And so today the robin proudly wears a red breast,
because it helped a Man named Jesus.
- Unknown

No comments:

Crazy Life

Crazy Life
"Quilting is my passion...chocolate comes in a close second."

Share Some Love

Cute as a Button

Cute As A Button

I love to sew

I love to sew

Labels