Saturday, February 23, 2008

Finished Valentine Stitch Along


I finally completed my Valentine Mystery Stitch along and am excitedly purchasing supplies (floss and fabric) for my next SAL project.

Does it feel good to be completely finished! Now I have to decide where to have picture framed, then I will take a picture when complete. I saw a beautiful pictures of roses today with the saying 'Roses Mean Remembrance' as I mentioned I am framing these roses in loving memory of my Dad. Coincidentally, the beautiful rich color happened to be identical to the roses in his floral arrangement.
I am now doing some volunteer work for our local Art Gallery and hope to have work complete in time for Part One of the new 'spring' mystery stitch along. I have an idea one of Pam's design may be of a robin as the embroidery floss I purchased seem to be those shades of a robin's breast. Very pretty colors! I am anticipating this project, mainly because I LOVE spring so much! This winter has definitely been the coldest on record! These projects certainly do help pass the time.
I went to a church rummage today and did I find some beautiful little treasures - some sparkly jewelry pins, vintage buttons (3 packages for twenty cents) and beads that will work very nicely with my elegant stitches from Pam's new book. Please be watching...to be added to my next crazy patch project SOON!


Quote for today:


Sew much fabric, sew little time.



.

No comments:

Crazy Life

Crazy Life
"Quilting is my passion...chocolate comes in a close second."

Share Some Love

Cute as a Button

Cute As A Button

I love to sew

I love to sew

Labels