Sunday, June 20, 2010

May's Teapot Block

It didn't take me long to once again relax and enjoy hand stitching this block for 2010 Tea and Coffee Related Quilt Along.

I had lucked upon a great treasure at a garage sale a few years ago, and just couldn't resist this ladies beautiful items, including an adorable teapot. The teapot shaped like a watering can was my source of inspiration for my May tea block, however I wanted the flowers IN the pot instead of ON the pot. Once I made the first flower, I allowed my creative juices to 'grow' the others blossoms! Alas, I still want to embroider more stems but I will add these in a bit.

I used three different techniques in creating my bouquet. The large middle flower is actually my version of petal play as I fused both sides of the petal pieces. The three pink flowers and the blue centre for the middle flower are yoyo flowers. The three dimensional effect is lost in taking the photo as it looks more 'real' in real life. I hope you enjoy my design.

Take care.

(c:

QUOTE:

Count your garden by the flowers,
Never by the leaves that fall.
Count your days by garden hours,
Don't remember clouds at all.
Count your nights by stars, not shadows.
Count your years with smiles, not tears.
Count your blessing, not your troubles.
Count your age by friends, not by years.

No comments:

Crazy Life

Crazy Life
"Quilting is my passion...chocolate comes in a close second."

Share Some Love

Cute as a Button

Cute As A Button

I love to sew

I love to sew

Labels