Friday, April 23, 2010

MY SISTER'S EBAY AND AUCTIVA VENTURE:



COPIED FROM AUCTIVA ARTICLE:
"Lori Ford never imagined garden gnomes would help fund her eventual retirement. But after listing one on eBay, "just to see what would happen," she was surprised to discover an enthusiastic market for the peculiar little yard creatures.

More than a decade later, business is still booming at Chosen Treasures4u, the eBay Store Ford now operates with husband John Harrison. Known as the "Harrison Ford team," the two have had a blast while building a nest egg out of gnomes, fairies, porcelain dolls, hand-carved wood spirits and other fanciful garden décor.

"It all started 11 years ago with a handmade angel," Ford muses. "I researched for about three months before putting my first item on eBay and I had a bid within hours. So I thought, 'There's definitely a market out there.'"

"After I started focusing on gnomes, business just grew and grew," she says. "Until the recession hit about three years ago, we were selling $250,000 a year doing this in our spare time."

READ MORE HERE:

http://www.auctiva.com/edu/landing.aspx

SEE GNOMES, PIXIES AND MORE HERE:

http://www.gnomespixiesandmore.com/

No comments:

Crazy Life

Crazy Life
"Quilting is my passion...chocolate comes in a close second."

Share Some Love

Cute as a Button

Cute As A Button

I love to sew

I love to sew

Labels