Saturday, May 9, 2009

Flowers For My Basket!

My lovely nieces gave me these Azaleas for my birthday.
Aren't they beautiful?
...and this is what I have been stitching instead of working in my garden. It has rained here for two days, now it is SNOWING this morning.


While Mr Weatherman was playing tricks on us, I completed the May Block - "A Tisket A Tasket" free block of the month posted on the Bunny Hill site. Now I have too long a wait for the June block to be released June 5th. THANK YOU Anne for this wonderful project. I think I will be shopping in your store to do more of these fun blocks.
If you CLICK on the photo, I inserted a hyperlink which should open another window enabling you to view the other blocks posted on Flickr. The other two hundred plus members all have different quilting styles and it is amazing to see how different fabrics and colors are assembled.


I tired something different to bring out the blues in my January and February blocks.


Happy Mother's Day!


No Love like a Mother's Love

There is no love, like a mother's love,

no stronger bond on earth

...like the precious bond that comes from God,

to a mother, when she gives birth.



A mother's love is forever strong,

never changing for all time

...and when her children need her most,

a mother's love will shine.


God bless these special mothers,

God bless them every one

...for all the tears and heartache,

and for the special work they've done.



When her days on earth are over,

a mother's love lives on

...through many generations,

with God's blessings on each one.



Be thankful for our mothers,

for they love with a higher love

...from the power God has given,

and the strength from up above.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Azaleas are beautiful! The basket is absolutely darling! That quilt is going to be adorable! :)

Pat said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog and your comments! I always appreciate comments. And, love your bunny baskets. I am just a "fool" for baskets, appliqued or otherwise! Have a good day! Pat

Crazy Life

Crazy Life
"Quilting is my passion...chocolate comes in a close second."

Share Some Love

Cute as a Button

Cute As A Button

I love to sew

I love to sew

Labels