Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Block 3 BUNNY HILL BLOCK OF THE MONTH


FREE PATTERN FOR THIS BLOCK HERE:
I completed sewing this March block on St Patrick's Day!
This is my FIRST attempt to 'hand' applique and it was so much fun! I had found several tutorials on Google and used the freezer paper 'on top' method. I noticed most members are machine stitching their blocks however I have an old sewing machine. And I enjoy hand stitching.
I am now working on Block 2, a basket with two birds, then will proceed to attempt the January block of a snowman holding stars. Of course I have the Garden Mystery Stitch Along in progress, but decided to make these blocks as all these designs are too adorable!
I have learned lots about applique and am looking forward to more applique. I ripped out the bottom shamrock three times because green did not show well against the green basket as a background!
I would highly recommend making these blocks...so much fun. Please read my post below for more information if you are interested in these free patterns.
And better LATE than never is an IRISH FRIENDSHIP WISH:
May there always be work for your hands to do;
May your purse always hold a coin or two;
May the sun always shine on your windowpane;
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain;
May the hand of a friend always be near you;
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
Good Luck!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very sweet! Are you making a bunch of bunny blocks for a bunny quilt? That will be absolutely darling! :)

Crazy Life

Crazy Life
"Quilting is my passion...chocolate comes in a close second."

Share Some Love

Cute as a Button

Cute As A Button

I love to sew

I love to sew

Labels